Larissa Zaitseva evaluates the lightfastness of wool fabrics
AgResearch works with many users and manufacturers of textile chemicals both locally and internationally. AgResearch has developed many successful textile related chemical processes and products for our clients and stake-holders. Our well equipped laboratories and processing plant let us offer a complete service for clients. We also undertake longer-term research in fundamental or emerging technology areas, which will benefit our stake-holders in the future.
Textile dyeing and finishing
- Improving the resistance of textiles to pilling, wrinkling, fading, microbes, water, soiling, staining and fire.
- Novel colour and texture effects.
- Advanced functional finishes on textiles including polymers, nano-materials, hybrid-inorganic materials and microcapsules.
- New uses for wool such as filtration media for gases and liquids.
- The environmental impact of maintaining floor coverings.
- Plant audits, troubleshooting and technology transfer.
- Evaluating the performance of spinning lubricants, surfactants and other textile auxiliaries.
Insect resist agents
- Assisting the wool industry with analyses, bioassays and consultancies.
- Developing next-generation agents for greater effectiveness in controlling wool-consuming insects.
- Developing non-insecticidal formulations for low environmental impact,
- Testing and approval of new insect resist agents.
Longer-term research areas
- Improving the colour, colour-stability and bulk of wool.
- using ultrasound and other technologies to reduce the environmental impact of textile wet processing.
- Understanding the role of wool carpets in improving indoor air quality.