BSc Earth Sciences University of Waikato 1994
MSc (Hons) Earth Sciences University of Waikato 1996
PhD Soil Science Massey University 2005
Research interests & activities
- Land treatment of dairy effluents
- Soil and landscape risk of land applying dairy effluent
- Nutrient supply and characteristics of dairy effluents
- Soil water management
- Soil physical quality and forage response
- Soil compaction and pugging
- Nutrient loss mitigation under intensive dairy farming
2002 – Awarded the T.W Walker prize for the best oral presentation by a student at a NZSSS conference.
2004 – Awarded prize for best oral presentation for the symposium on "Soil management and water quality" at the joint NZSSS/ASSSI conference in Sydney
2006 - Maurice Fields award by the NZSSS for the outstanding PhD theses of 2005
2010 - Best overall presentation award at the 2010 NZ Land Treatment Collective conference.