- 2007, PhD, Chemistry, Massey University (Thesis title: Development of Durable Textile-Conductive Polymer Composites)
- 1993, BSc (Hons), Textile Technology (Physics), University of New South Wales
Research interests & activities
- Textiles for technical and healthcare applications.
- Knitting technology and knitwear product development. Recent activities have focused on footwear (shoe, sock) applications.
- Thermophysiological comfort properties of apparel systems, especially of the foot-sock-shoe system.
- Intelligent wearable materials (â€˜smart textilesâ€™), specifically applications of electrically conductive textiles.
- FRST Bright Futures Enterprise Scholarship for PhD study in Chemistry at Massey University (2000-2003).
- WRONZ Study Award for undergraduate study in Textile Technology at the University of New South Wales (1990-1993).